Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — A Longdenville pastor was allegedly stabbed to death by another pastor last night.
The bloodshed evoked horror among worshippers in the community of Gill Trace, Lamont Street, Longdenville, where the deceased Alisa Ali lived and worshipped.
Investigators said Ali, 42, operated a church next to her home. Last night at around 10.30, Ali reportedly got into an argument with another religious leader who is believed to have stabbed her multiple times on her face and upper body.
Her children, who heard the commotion, ran into her bedroom and found her bleeding from stab wounds.
The suspect, who is a Guyanese national, ran out of the house and up towards Gill Street. He then flagged down a passing car and escaped, witnesses told police.
Ali’s daughter and son-in-law rushed her to the Chaguanas District Health Facility where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Officers of the Longdenville and Chaguanas Police Stations and Central Police Division are up to this time searching for the suspect.
The T&T Guardian will bring you more information as this story unfolds.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM