Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — A Longdenville pastor was allegedly stabbed to death by another pastor last night.
The bloodshed evoked horror among worshippers in the community of Gill Trace, Lamont Street, Longdenville, where the deceased Alisa Ali lived and worshipped.
Investigators said Ali, 42, operated a church next to her home. Last night at around 10.30, Ali reportedly got into an argument with another religious leader who is believed to have stabbed her multiple times on her face and upper body.
Her children, who heard the commotion, ran into her bedroom and found her bleeding from stab wounds.
The suspect, who is a Guyanese national, ran out of the house and up towards Gill Street. He then flagged down a passing car and escaped, witnesses told police.
Ali’s daughter and son-in-law rushed her to the Chaguanas District Health Facility where she was pronounced dead on arrival. Officers of the Longdenville and Chaguanas Police Stations and Central Police Division are up to this time searching for the suspect.
The T&T Guardian will bring you more information as this story unfolds.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM