Share This On:
(CMC) – The 10th earthquake in recent days was felt in sections of the twin island republic late Friday.
The Seismic Research Centre at the University of the West Indies (UWI), St. Augustine Campus says the earthquake with a magnitude of 4.5 was felt at 9:13 pm (local time).
The tremor was located at Latitude: 10.56N Longitude: 61.95W and had a depth of 10 km.
It was felt in Port of Spain, San Fernando and Arima.
With the frequency of tremors, Seismologist and Acting SRC Director Dr Joan Latchman, has warned Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean to be prepared for a major earthquake adding that the various tremors in recent days are not nothing new.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM