Share This On:
(CMC) – The 10th earthquake in recent days was felt in sections of the twin island republic late Friday.
The Seismic Research Centre at the University of the West Indies (UWI), St. Augustine Campus says the earthquake with a magnitude of 4.5 was felt at 9:13 pm (local time).
The tremor was located at Latitude: 10.56N Longitude: 61.95W and had a depth of 10 km.
It was felt in Port of Spain, San Fernando and Arima.
With the frequency of tremors, Seismologist and Acting SRC Director Dr Joan Latchman, has warned Trinidad and Tobago and the wider Caribbean to be prepared for a major earthquake adding that the various tremors in recent days are not nothing new.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM