Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Two men have been charged with the Maracas Bay murder of Keidon Williams two Sundays ago.
Ako Degale, 38, Race Course Road, Carapo, and Paul Gosine, 19, Pinewood Drive, Carapo, were also charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition, shooting with intent against two police officers and wounding with intent against three other men.
They are expected to appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate today to answer to the charges.
The victim and three other men were at Maracas Beach, on night night of April 14 when they were approached by two armed gunmen who started shooting at them.
Police officers who were on static duty in the vicinity responded to the loud explosions and were also shot at when they arrived on the scene. The gunmen escaped.
The victim died at the scene, while the other three men were taken to hospital for treatment.
The accused were arrested shortly after along the Blanchisseuse Road.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Fuad Khan quits politics November 9, 2019
- Trinidad: Three killed as mob beats police officer November 9, 2019