Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Two men have been charged with the Maracas Bay murder of Keidon Williams two Sundays ago.
Ako Degale, 38, Race Course Road, Carapo, and Paul Gosine, 19, Pinewood Drive, Carapo, were also charged with possession of a firearm and ammunition, shooting with intent against two police officers and wounding with intent against three other men.
They are expected to appear before a Port of Spain Magistrate today to answer to the charges.
The victim and three other men were at Maracas Beach, on night night of April 14 when they were approached by two armed gunmen who started shooting at them.
Police officers who were on static duty in the vicinity responded to the loud explosions and were also shot at when they arrived on the scene. The gunmen escaped.
The victim died at the scene, while the other three men were taken to hospital for treatment.
The accused were arrested shortly after along the Blanchisseuse Road.
- Registered Venezuelans want more time in Trinidad and Tobago
- Trinidad: Stopped by cops, drunk driver hops into back seat
- 29 ecstatic Trinidad and Tobago nationals return home
- Trinidad businessmen apologise for racist posts
- Returning Trinidad nationals may soon face COVID-19 quarantine fee
- Trinidad: Help pours in for family living in forest
- Trinidad: How to deal with mask resisters – ‘Throw them in jail?’
- Trinidad: Birds drowned by smugglers when Coast Guard intercepts boat
- Trinidad and Tobago awash with counterfeit products