Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A father who allegedly burnt the hands of a three year old boy last December, struck him in the eye, and hit him with a ruler when he was unable to write a letter of the alphabet, is expected to appear before the San Fernando Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.
The 33-year-old man of Marabella is expected to face two charges under the Children’s Act of assaulting the child in a manner likely to cause him physical and emotional suffering.
The father of two whose wife is pregnant, was arrested this morning by officers of the Marabella Criminal Investigations Department.
He was handed over to constable St John of the Child Protection Unit.
The child who had other marks about his body, was taken to the San Fernando General Hospital and will be placed in the care of the Children’s Authority when he is discharged.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police investigate marijuana edibles in schools February 18, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop charged with being gang member, child sex trafficking February 14, 2020
- Trinidad woman riddled with bullets, daughter injured February 14, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 23, tries to kidnap schoolgirl, 10 February 13, 2020
- Trinidad: 69th murder for the year, in Cocorite February 12, 2020
- Child’s last words to murderous father “I love you” February 12, 2020
- Don’t leave China, T&T nationals told February 12, 2020