Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Two criminals who went “shopping” at George Street, Port of Spain this afternoon, left the store with multiple bullets wounds.
Police said that around 1 p.m. two men, one armed with a silver and black Ruger pistol walked into the Sin Kiu Trading Company at lower George Street. The man with the gun pointed it at the proprietor while the other looked on. A third suspects stood outside.
Police believe that after announcing the hold-up the gunman looked away because within seconds the proprietor withdrew his licensed pistol and began shooting.
The gunman dropped the Ruger on the floor of the store and the three ran towards Duncan Street into what is known as the “Plannings.”
Police said that residents there who knew the men took them to the St James District Hospital but minutes after they walked in, they were followed by police investigators .
One man had been struck three times about his body and police said that he may not survive over the weekend while the other man was shot in the legs.
Police have since interviewed the man who had been shot in the legs and said that the arrest of the third man was imminent.
Officers from the Inter Agency Task Force, the Besson Street CID and the Police Air Support Unit were among the first responders.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Woman dragged as costume gets caught in truck February 26, 2020
- Trinidad: Cleared of coronavirus but student to stay quarantined February 26, 2020
- Trinidad-born Nicki Minaj parties at ‘first Carnival’ February 26, 2020
- Trinidad: Trincity woman beaten to death with 2X4 wood February 25, 2020
- Trinidad: Senior cops charged with child trafficking, supporting gang February 25, 2020
- Trinidad: Judge warns of $3M fine for weed in schools February 24, 2020
- Trinidad: Woman dies in crash after all-night prayer vigil February 24, 2020
- Soured relationship seen behind murder of Trinidad accountant February 24, 2020