Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – TWO murder charges have been laid against 19-year-old Antonio Francis, in connection with the kidnapping and death of Dr Rudradeva Sharma.
Advice was received this morning by Deputy Director of Public Prosecutions Joan Honore-Paul to charge the man with the murders of Sharma and Akeem Marine.
Francis, of La Romaine, faces four other charges.
Both Sharma and Marine were occupants of a vehicle which crashed along the Solomon Hochoy Highway on January 15.
Sharma died at the scene.
Marine, 19, a suspect in the kidnapping, died last week Thursday at hospital.
Sharma’s colleague Dr Prem Naidoo was also in the car along a third suspect.
Sharma and Naidoo were earlier kidnapped while at Rushworth Street Extension in San Fernando. The two had completed their shift at the San Fernando General Hospital.
Francis is expected before a San Fernando Magistrate today.
Charges of kidnapping and robbery against the doctors are also expected to be read.
Legal officer Kyrn Lewis submitted the investigation file to the Office of the DPP.
More Caribbean Stories
- Communiqué of the 68th Meeting of the OECS Authority February 17, 2020
- CCJ rejects appeal for commission on sale of land February 14, 2020
- Entrepreneurial school to be established in the BVI February 14, 2020
- BVI: Police officer suing commissioner for not promoting him February 14, 2020
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020
- Haiti health workers say 13 children died in orphanage fire February 14, 2020
- Royal Caribbean signs agreement with Antigua for first Royal Beach Club February 14, 2020
- Jamaica: Rastafarian wins ganja case February 14, 2020