Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Homicide detectives strongly believe that a deadly hit was carried out on the life of Arlene Blackman, however, a motive is yet to be established for her killing.
Blackman was the 54th woman to be killed for the year so far.
Despite being wounded by her attackers, the woman bravely alerted police officers to the crime.
According to a police report, at about 7.30 pm Thursday Arlene Blackman was seated in her red Suzuki SUV when a gunman walked up to the vehicle and shot her through the front windshield.
Blackman was parked at Gordon Street Extension, near the Mount Hope Secondary School.
Blackman, police said was shot in the chest, however, she still managed to drive herself to the St Joseph Police Station and alerted the officers there.
Police officers rushed to her assistance and she was taken to the Eric Williams Medical Sciences Complex where she died while being treated.
A friend of Blackman who spoke to the Guardian Media on Friday but who did not want to disclose her name, said Blackman’s murder came as a “shock.”
Not wanting to comment further, the friend only described Blackman as “outgoing” and one who was well-loved by all.
In an unrelated murder, Shakim Roberts, 23, was shot dead while on the doorsteps to his house at Mendoza Drive, Belmont, shortly after midnight on Thursday.
Roberts, who was liming with friends, was shot in the head and upper body.
A motive is also yet to be established for his killing.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop gets $.2m for falling off chair December 5, 2019
- Trinidad: Flu death toll reaches 24 December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Woman with speech impediment denied right to vote December 3, 2019
- Trinidad: Man chokes while eating iguana and dumplings November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Cop ordered to repay beating victim $5,000 in 48 hrs November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: Soldier arrested after sodomising child November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: She stole from her grandma 31 times November 29, 2019
- Trinidad: 46 Venezuelan women and cop detained in SORT nightclub raids November 28, 2019