Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — A police officer who recently secured a promotion died suddenly at his home on Tuesday.
Dexter Theophille, 47, was discovered unresponsive by his wife at their home in Enterprise, Chaguanas.
He was attached to the Inter-Agency Task Force.
Police said foul play is not suspected in the officer’s death.
An autopsy is expected to be performed on Wednesday.
Theophille, originally from La Brea, was also a noted singer who performed at several events across the country.
His colleagues, relatives and fans have expresses condolences to his family on social media.
One person wrote, “My heart aches. You’ve touched my life and so many others. Even if I asked you to do it a million times, you never got tired of singing my fav (Lionel Richie’s – Truly). Thank you for all the advice you’ve given me. It’s really hard to comprehend that you’re gone. I’ve been contemplating life since I found out.”
Another said, “At 1st I was questioning God but that was wrong God knows what he’s doing Dexter Theophille we love u always have and always will look over us ik if u was here you would have said allyuh don’t cry come on come on don’t cry allyuh know that how life is.”
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Mom hacked to death – Cops stop suspect from dying by suicide February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 38, who allegedly filmed molestation of child, arrested February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop shot after turning down Valentine’s Day marriage proposal February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: 7 siblings vs sister over dead mom’s gold, property February 21, 2020
- Trinidad: Cop arrest 5 who drank too much at Machel’s ‘wedding’ February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Massy makes $167m in profit in first quarter February 20, 2020
- Trinidad: Schoolgirl abducted, raped outside church February 20, 2020