Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – THE POLICE sergeant charged with stealing ladies’ underwear is out on $200,000 bail.
Rauff Hosein who has 28 year service as a police officer, appeared before Chaguanas magistrate Adrian Darmanie charged with larceny of the underwear together valued $107.95.
Hosein, 48 of Rio Claro said he was not guilty of the offence which allegedly occurred at PriceSmart, Chaguanas last Friday. The charge was laid by Inspector Mannick.
Hosein was represented during the matter while Sgt Waithe was the prosecutor.
Hosein was granted $200,000 bail by a justice of the peace while at the Chaguanas police station on Saturday.
The officer was allowed to continue on this bail as the matter was adjourned to January 28.
Hosein has a pending matter of larceny of a motor vehicle before the San Fernando High Court.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019