Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Famed local actor Raymond Choo Kong was stabbed to death in Arima this afternoon.
He is one of seven people murdered in the past 24 hours.
Choo Kong was murdered in Arima where he has his home and a business.
Police have confirmed that the killing happened at his bar, which is located downstairs his home at Green Street, Arima.
It happened near the Arima Police Station.
Raymond Choo Kong was an award winning producer, director, and actor who has been changing the landscape of Trinidad’s theatre through comedy for the past 40 years.
He has accomplished this through Raymond Choo Kong Productions, a well-established theatre production house, which he founded. Choo Kong has received a total of 18 Cacique Awards from all categories, making him the holder of the most Cacique Awards.
Choo Kong has directed large musicals such as ‘The Sound of Music’, ‘The King and I’, and ‘Mahalia: A Gospel Musical’, for First Instinct and JCS Entertainment. He has also worked on projects in Best Village, Commercial Theatre, TTW with Dereck Walcott, Films, Commercials, Band Launches and many more.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- $$ note change causes frenzy across T&T December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: With gun to head, Mom prayed for her life December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Ganja legislation passed, but don’t light up yet December 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Religious leader in custody over gang activities December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: H1N1 deaths rise to 32 December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Couple to ‘explain their wealth’ under new law December 10, 2019
- Trinidad: Man killed trying to save sister from licks December 9, 2019
- Trinidad ‘church lady’ goes to prison: Charged with armed robbery December 6, 2019
- Trinidad school terror: Pupils scream as gunfire erupts December 5, 2019