Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) — Police believe that burglars killed a 74-year-old woman during a robbery at a house at Mucurapo Road, St James.
Dead is Gemma Khan who lived alone in the house which is adjacent to the Santa Maria Plaza.
Police said that around 9 a.m. one of Khan’s daughters entered the house to check on her as she had not been heard from over the weekend.
When she entered the yard she noticed her mother’s Toyota Corolla missing but while still calling her name she then entered a bedroom of the house where Khan’s body was found with a pillow over her head.
She also appeared to have been beaten and a window of the house was broken.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019
- Another Trinidad church holds fashion show November 10, 2019