Share This On:
(TRINIDAD EXPRESS) – POLICE raided two nightclubs in central Trinidad on Tuesday night.
They say 46 women were rescued, while seven other people, including a police officer, were detained.
Officers of the Special Operations Response Team (SORT) said they raided Yikai Entertainment and Sports Bar, Cunupia, where they detained seven people including the policeman.
At Cunupia, they got more information and went to another establishment in Couva where they detained 46 women, all believed to be Venezuelan nationals.
Police also seized quantities of cocaine, marijuana, cash and a Glock pistol with 13 rounds of ammunition.
All 53 people were being questioned up to last night.
More Caribbean Stories
- Jamaica: Two minor quakes rattle sections of Kingston and St Andrew January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Empty bank account shocks woman January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Baby dumped in garbage bin after birth turns pastor January 20, 2020
- Caribbean Airlines warns against sharing outdated travel advisory January 20, 2020
- Trini couple guilty of marriage fraud in US January 20, 2020
- Guyana: Man sets wife on fire, commits suicide January 20, 2020
- Jamaica: Man gets one-year probation for accidental touch January 20, 2020
- Barbados PM says US seeking to divide region January 20, 2020