Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Police and Immigration officers are searching for 14 persons who escaped from the Immigration Detention Centre (IDC) in Aripo.
Details indicate that the escape occurred between 3 pm and 5 pm Wednesday afternoon during airing time.
IDC officers are searching the perimeter in a bushy area for the detainees.
Most are believed to be Venezuelan nationals.
This follows the escape of five men in April this year.
Prior to that, two detainees also escaped in March.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Investigation continues into church fashion show scandal November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Marijuana decriminalisation bill for Parliament today November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Clean slate for previous marijuana convictions, charges November 22, 2019
- Trinidad motorists discover murdered man November 22, 2019
- Trinidad: Matelot’s beloved community activist murdered November 22, 2019
- Mother, son shot dead in Trinidad November 22, 2019
- Death at a wake in Trinidad November 22, 2019
- Custom plates for Trinidad & Tobago in January November 22, 2019