Share This On:
The earthquake, whose epicenter was 9km north of Martinique, shook sections of Martinique, Dominica and St. Lucia.
According to the University of the West Indies’ Seismic Research Centre (SRC), the earthquake’s focus was at a depth of 147 km, 9km northwest of Fort-de-France in Martinique.
This was 69 km north northwest of Castries, St. Lucia, and 78 km south southeast of Roseau, Dominica.
No damage to property or injuries have been reported.
More Weather/Natural Disaster Stories
- When the earth starts to shake – NEMO offers advice January 10, 2020
- NEMO appeals to Saint Lucians to be prepared for earthquakes January 9, 2020
- Saint Lucia, region to be affected by heavy seas January 8, 2020
- Another earthquake shakes several islands January 8, 2020
- WHO urges southern hemisphere countries to prepare for heatwaves January 7, 2020
- Earthquake rocks Saint Lucia, Dominica and Martinique: report December 26, 2019