Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy alerts the motoring public of traffic delays on the northbound carriageway along the Castries/Gros Islet Highway.
These inconveniences are as a result of “overnight” Milling works on the Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project.
The temporary rough surface is causing unavoidable traffic congestion but is necessary to ensure successful completion of the works
As such motorists heading north from Castries are advised to prepare for delays or use alternative routes along the “Back Roads”, ie; Morne Du Don to Balata and La Panse to Carielle through to Union etc.
The Contractor will be working expeditiously in the coming nights to complete the project.
The Department of Infrastructure, Ports and Energy apologizes for the delays and thanks the public for their patience and understanding.
- Alleged non-payment of salaries to NHC staff being investigated January 27, 2020 3:15 PM
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM