Share This On:
Dear Editor: As I sit in my room at a resort on Reduit Beach at 1:40 a.m. (June 16, 2018) my room is shaking from the music coming from a place called Verve.
I am disgusted with the lack of respect given to tourists who spend their hard-earned money to come to St. Lucia to relax and enjoy themselves.
Is it too much to ask for your police department to ask the person responsible for this unbelievable racket to be turned down? I even called the police and the answer I got was nothing can be done because the police commissioner has granted them a permit until 2 a.m.
I invite the police commissioner to spend a Saturday night at any resort along this road with his family. I’m sure he will be just as disturbed and disgusted as my family is. What is he thinking? In Canada the person playing this so-called music would be shut down in minutes because the government cares about the people.
All this character playing is doing is yelling and screaming, ‘make some noise’, and turning the bass higher and higher. This not music or even entertainment. IT IS JUST ANNOYING NOISE.
We had planned on returning next year but that will not happen now. I will also tell every Canadian not to come here. The police commissioner obviously does not care about the tourist industry that l know brings millions and millions of dollars to your country.
There are easier ways to make tourists aware of the fact that you don’t want us here. Just don’t advertise that you care because that is a blatant lie.
I suggest the police commissioner contact the police commissioner of Toronto for some pointers on how to police hooligans and run a peaceful city that tourists enjoy and their complaints are taken seriously.
– Susan Watts
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM