Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The National Workers Union (NWU) is extremely concerned about an influx of security guard companies into Saint Lucia. They are suddenly raising their heads and operating on the island.
Some of these companies are treating their employees with disdain. Some of these company officials do not have work permits.
These officials are involved in a “nose cutting exercise” that has workers looking for employment in that sector losing their long term employment benefits.
The National Workers Union has written a letter to Hon. Stephenson King, the Minister for Labour requesting his immediate attention in this scandalous affair.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff