Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) — A 2-year-old Michigan girl died this week when she accidentally rolled up a car window on her head — as her dad snoozed in the front seat, according to a new report.
Kierre Allen was in a 2005 Mazda 4 with her dad, parked in the driveway of their home on Detroit’s west side Monday afternoon, local station WXYZ reported.
At some point, her dad fell asleep, according to the report.
As he napped, his toddler daughter apparently pushed the power window button, and it closed on her head as she stuck it out the window.
The distraught dad woke up to find his daughter’s lifeless body, and called out, “My baby! My baby!,” alerting relatives to what happened, the station reported.
The girl’s uncle rushed the tot and her father to Sinai Grace Hospital, where Kierre was pronounced dead.
“You’ve got to kind of take a look in that rear view mirror once in a while just to see what’s going on back there, especially if it gets really quiet,” 1st Lt. Michael Shaw of the Michigan State Police told the outlet.
Kierre’s dad was arrested for unrelated traffic tickets, the Detroit Free Press reported.
- George Floyd’s killer Derek Chauvin moved to maximum-security prison
- US: Cop removes his fellow colleague’s knee from protester’s neck, video shows
- 5 dead in new Ebola outbreak in Congo
- Trump says he is mobilizing ‘heavily armed’ military to stop protests
- UPDATE: George Floyd death was ‘homicide’ caused by ‘neck compression’ — official autopsy
- George Floyd died of asphyxia, according to private post-mortem
- China and Iran criticise US over its racism problems
- George Floyd’s brother condemns violence, calls for peace
- South Africans cheer as alcohol goes back on sale