Share This On:
(TRINIDAD GUARDIAN) — Marijuana with an estimated street value of $5.5 million was destroyed during an exercise Mt George, Tobago, yesterday morning.
Officers from the Tobago Divisional Task Force under the supervision of Sgt. Stewart, along with personnel from the Crown Point Police Station and the K9 Unit, went a forested area near Castara Village Road, where the discovery was made.
The officers had just executed search warrants in the same village at around 5.30 am where three men were arrested for marijuana-related offences when they came upon a recently cleared reserve road and tracks leading to two marijuana camps and three marijuana fields.
They found more than 2500 seedlings, 5000 fully grown trees, over 50 kgs of cured marijuana and 5 kgs of seeds valued at $5.5 million which they destroyed by fire
In an unrelated exercise, three men from Mt. George will appear in the Scarborough Magistrates Court today charged with the possession of marijuana and marijuana seeds.
Between 4 am and 5:10 am, police officers executed search warrants at the homes of the suspects where the discoveries were made. Investigations are continuing.
More Trinidad and Tobago News Stories
- Trinidad: Two teenagers drown at rain-swollen Argyle Falls November 17, 2019
- Trinidad: Police officer guilty of forging sick-leave certificate November 12, 2019
- Trinidad: Sat Maharaj suffers stroke, in critical condition November 12, 2019
- Tobago remembers war dead November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Tunapuna man sacrificed life to save pregnant wife November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: St James teen killed for bad company November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Kamla promises legal ganja November 11, 2019
- Trinidad: Two people killed in shooting outside bar November 10, 2019