Share This On:
(SNO) — Award-winning veteran local journalist Timothy Poleon will commence his talk show on Real FM on Monday, Feb. 11, 2019, the radio station has announced.
Poleon was sacked by Radio Caribbean International (RCI) where he had hosted the popular midday talk show “News Spin”.
Former Saint Lucia diplomat and retired civil servant Earl Huntley has replaced Poleon who was fired about two weeks ago, allegedly in connection with his registration of a company under which he was planning to start his own radio station.
Reports are that Poleon’s employers saw this as a clear conflict of interest and Poleon allegedly would not budge on his decision.
However, Poleon has found a new family in Real FM/MBC.
The radio station confirmed this move on their Facebook page this afternoon.
“On Monday February 11th 2019, Award winning journalist Timothy Poleon will commence his talk show on REAL FM 91.3/91.55. Join us in welcoming him to the Real FM family and ask everyone to tune in for what is promised to be an exciting program line up,” it stated.
Poleon’s show will air weekdays from 12:30 to 2 p.m., according to Real FM.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM