Share This On:
Ti Carro has been crowned Saint Lucia’s Calypso Monarch for 2019, winning the competition with a total of 791 points.
The winners were announced shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday.
Walleigh snatched the first runner-up spot (second place) with 765 points.
Last year’s Monarch, TC Brown, got second runner-up (third place) with 736 points.
And third runner-up (fourth place) with 728 points went to four-time Monarch Menell.
Immediately after being crowned, Ti Carro performed the song ‘Remote Control’ and dedicated his victory to Saint Lucians and his daughter: “Thank you, thank you. I love you, I love you with all my heart… this crown is for you.”
Asked by a reporter how he feels about winning the competition, the first-time Monarch replied: “I ready to sleep and get up to believe this.”
Nine finalists competed to try and dethrone TC Brown — Ambrose The Juice Man, Chocolate, Educator, Menell, Ready, Taker, Teddy Boy, Ti Carro, and Walleigh.
The competition was held at Carnival City, The Sab in Vigie.
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM