Share This On:
Ti Carro has been crowned Saint Lucia’s Calypso Monarch for 2019, winning the competition with a total of 791 points.
The winners were announced shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday.
Walleigh snatched the first runner-up spot (second place) with 765 points.
Last year’s Monarch, TC Brown, got second runner-up (third place) with 736 points.
And third runner-up (fourth place) with 728 points went to four-time Monarch Menell.
Immediately after being crowned, Ti Carro performed the song ‘Remote Control’ and dedicated his victory to Saint Lucians and his daughter: “Thank you, thank you. I love you, I love you with all my heart… this crown is for you.”
Asked by a reporter how he feels about winning the competition, the first-time Monarch replied: “I ready to sleep and get up to believe this.”
Nine finalists competed to try and dethrone TC Brown — Ambrose The Juice Man, Chocolate, Educator, Menell, Ready, Taker, Teddy Boy, Ti Carro, and Walleigh.
The competition was held at Carnival City, The Sab in Vigie.
- Prime Minister talks improvements in education January 27, 2020 9:37 AM
- Castries Mayor meets LGBTQ representatives January 27, 2020 9:17 AM
- Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash January 26, 2020 6:04 PM
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM