Share This On:
(DOMINICA NEWS ONLINE) — Police have arrested three male Venezuelan nationals on suspicion of possession of cocaine with intent to supply and the illegal possession of fire arms and ammunition.
Police PRO Inspector Simon Edwards said officers of Drug Squad Unit and the Grand Bay police station made the arrest on Wednesday, September 12, 2018 at Belvue Chopin where an amount of 5,500 grams of alleged cocaine, two 9 mm pistols and 22 rounds of live ammunition were discovered in their possession.
Edwards said the individuals and items were transported to police headquarters for ongoing investigations.
More Caribbean Stories
- US government warns of travel to Dominica; calls for restraint November 19, 2019
- OECS chairman calls for “calm” in Dominica November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: Man living in cave asking for help November 19, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman says she can see death November 19, 2019