Share This On:
Three males who were arrested this week during a police operation in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet that netted a firearm, ammunition and drugs, made their first appearance in court on Friday, May 17, police said in a press release.
Kevin Adonis, 20, Rakim Joseph, 20, and Francis Popo, 17, all residents of Grande Riviere, Gros Islet, were charged for possession of firearm and ammunition without a valid license and possession of a controlled drugs, police said.
At the First District Court, they were granted bail in the sum of $2,000 for possession of ammunition, $5,000 for possession of firearm and $500 for possession of a controlled drugs, and are expected to return to court on Wednesday, June 12, 2019, police said.
Police said Adonis, Joseph, Popo and another unidentified individual were arrested after a 9mm Beretta pistol, 14 rounds of ammunition and a “quantity of illicit drugs” were discovered while executing a search warrant on a residence in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet, around 5:30 a.m. on Thursday, May 16.
Police said the unidentified individual sustained “gunshot injuries during apprehension”.
“The fourth suspect is still admitted at a local medical facility in stable condition,” police said in a press release.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM