PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia National Commission for UNESCO is pleased to invite applications for the UNESCO “Caribbean World Heritage Youth Project on Marine Biodiversity & Climate Change” (Panama – 25th – 29th January, 2016).
This Caribbean World Heritage Youth Project on Marine Biodiversity & Climate Change is aimed at creating stronger links between Caribbean SIDS and Central American countries (CAM) by empowering young people and their organisations through a regional youth project on Marine Biodiversity and Climate Change. It also aims to develop a specialised training workshop course for youth on the topic.
The Forum will bring together youth participants from 17 countries in the Caribbean and Central America (1 participant from each of the following countries: Barbados, Belize, Cuba, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, and Suriname).
The activities of the Forum will include lectures by local heritage specialists & discussions with experts on Marine Biodiversity & Climate change; site visits to Cobia National Park & its Special Zone of Marine Protection & Hands-on activities and exchanges among participants about the sites in their respective countries. Interested persons are advised of the following eligibility requirements:
- MUST be between the ages of 20 to 30 years.
- Fluent in both English and Spanish (no interpretation will be provided).
- Can attend for the full length of the event and invest time to prepare and follow up the activity.
- Preferably have experience in projects related to marine biodiversity, climate change or sustainable development projects in their organisation or country, currently or in the past.
- Committed to create and implement a World Heritage project, or have a past project as anexample, and have experience in youth project conception and implementation.
- Have the capacity to involve other young people in their project activities and to promote their project among their local communities, and share results afterward.
- All Applications must be made on the prescribed Application Form.
- Applicants MUST be national of Saint Lucia.
Application Forms and procedures are available online at http://whc.unesco.org/en/news/1378.
Completed Applications should reach the organisers on or before Sunday 6th December, 2015 at midnight (Paris Time).