This workshop develops the key competencies required for supervisors or managers in any organization.
It is for individuals currently working in supervisory positions who wish to improve their ability to adapt to the change of pace in their responsibilities, and who want to gain fresh insights into the nature of their work role.
After taking the course you will: know how to communicate better; know how to motivate your employees; deal with difficult people and situations; be a great leader, etc.
LOCATION: Celestial Self Development Centre, Sans Souci
DATE: August 20 and 21, 2013
TIME: 9 am – 5 pm (on both days)
COST: $650.00 per person
(includes all course materials, break and lunch)
Specific learning objectives include:
· Clarify the scope and nature of a supervisory position.
· Learn some ways to deal with the challenges of the role.
· Recognize the responsibilities you have as a supervisor, to yourself, your team, and your organization.
· Learn key techniques to help you plan and prioritize effectively.
· Acquire a basic understanding of leadership, team building, communication, and motivation, and what part they play in effective supervision.
· Develop strategies for motivating your team, giving feedback, and resolving conflict.
You Will Cover:
This two day workshop is focused on a supervisor’s initial professional development: making the transition to supervisor, understanding roles and responsibilities, planning and prioritizing, developing leadership and communication skills, recognizing how teams work, handling problems, and the basics of motivation and delegation.
Making the transition to supervisor
Responsibilities to management, team, and self
Setting priorities and managing time
Creating an effective workplace environment
Difficult employees and situations
REGISTER NOW!!! SPACE IS LIMITED!
Call 453-1924 or email [email protected]