Share This On:
(SNO) — Acting Executive Director of Victoria Hospital, Brenda Calixte, on Monday (Nov. 12) released a statement on the collapse of the ceiling at Victoria Hospital over the weekend, disclosing that no one was hurt in the incident but admitting that the infrastructure was already “compromised”.
In a video statement submitted to the media, Calixte said: “On Saturday morning, during the inclement weather, the staff-based station on maternity ward collapsed. The ceiling collapsed. We know that the infrastructure is a very old one and it is already compromised, so as a result of that, the ceiling came down.
“During that time there was nobody in the area so staff safety or patient safety was not compromised. But we had
had to evacuate the room adjacent to the nursing station. One patient alone was in there and that patient was safe.
“We have since relocated the nursing staff station to the back of the ward and currently we are assessing the damages and we will be provided with an estimate so we can get the works done on it with immediate effect.”
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM