Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Caribbean islands, because of their small sizes, are most affected by the effects of Climate Change. This has become evident with the invasion of the Sargassum Seaweed piling up on our shores.
To some, the Sargassum Seaweed may be useful, but this is not the case with the Fishermen and residents of Vieux-Fort, Micoud, Praslin and Dennery in Saint Lucia.
” The Fishermen Of The East Coast,” tells the story of “cause and effect,” of the decline in the fishing sector on the island.
The short feature speaks to the impact of the Sargassum invasion on our food security, economy, environment and health.
The narrative is from the viewpoint of fishermen on the east coast, of Saint Lucia.
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM
- Anse La Raye fire victim gets donation in rebuilding efforts November 20, 2019 2:52 PM
- Bishop of Roseau describes situation in Dominica after unrest as “sad” November 20, 2019 2:46 PM