Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – As a result of the increase of Intensive Care Unit ICU patients at the Victoria Hospital, the Department of Health and Wellness wishes to inform the general public that Elective and Day Surgeries are suspended until further notice.
The increase of ICU patients is as a result of a rise in violent cases such as stabbings, gunshot wounds, excessive alcohol consumption and chronic diseases such as diabetes, strokes, and hypertension).
Medical Director of the Victoria Hospital Dr. Alisha Eugene-Ford appeals to everyone including our social partners (families, civil society, churches, youth groups, mothers and fathers groups etc.) and other government agencies (police, fire service, social transformation) to put measures in place to manage their health. In addition, persons are asked to curb violence by changing their behavior to avoid complications which results in long admissions and ICU admissions.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM