Share This On:
Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with the murder of 28-year-old Burke Baptiste of Richfond in Dennery, police said at a press briefing on Tuesday, October 22.
Baptiste, also known as Max, was found with a suspected gunshot wound to the head in a secluded area in La Caye, Dennery on Tuesday, October 15, 2019, according to reports.
Police Press Officer, Acting Corporal 806 Ann Joseph, told the briefing that 18-year-old Jallix Howell of Morne Panache, Dennery was “arrested and charged for causing the death” of Baptiste on Friday, October 18, and remanded into police custody until November 21, 2019.
Joseph said a 17-year-old from Dennery, was also arrested on Tuesday, October 22 “in connection with his murder”.
The 17-year-old was also found in possession of a .380 pistol and seven rounds of ammunition, Joseph said.
“He is presently still in custody awaiting charges,” Joseph added.
Burke, a jet ski operator, was last seen alive on Monday night, October 14 with friends, according to reports.
The Richfond Police Station responded around 8 a.m. Tuesday, October 15.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools