Share This On:
A 19-year-old from Bagatelle, Castries, charged with the murder of Guyanese national Michael Pooran, appeared in court on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
Pooran, 26, was stabbed to death on February 24 in Bagatelle.
Police from the Marchand Police Station responded to the incident around 5 a.m. on that day.
On February 27, Matthew Defleurmon Jr., aka Bow Man, was formally arrested and charged for murder.
The police said he was escorted to the First District Court where he was remanded in custody — until his appearance in court this Thursday.
The teen is scheduled to return to court on June 21, 2019.
The circumstances surrounding the stabbing is not clear, despite allegations that the incident stemmed from homophobic remarks.
The dead man’s family is also puzzled as to what led to the killing as they claim that the deceased had no known problems with anyone.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM