Share This On:
A 19-year-old from Bagatelle, Castries, charged with the murder of Guyanese national Michael Pooran, appeared in court on Thursday, May 9, 2019.
Pooran, 26, was stabbed to death on February 24 in Bagatelle.
Police from the Marchand Police Station responded to the incident around 5 a.m. on that day.
On February 27, Matthew Defleurmon Jr., aka Bow Man, was formally arrested and charged for murder.
The police said he was escorted to the First District Court where he was remanded in custody — until his appearance in court this Thursday.
The teen is scheduled to return to court on June 21, 2019.
The circumstances surrounding the stabbing is not clear, despite allegations that the incident stemmed from homophobic remarks.
The dead man’s family is also puzzled as to what led to the killing as they claim that the deceased had no known problems with anyone.
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM
- Fond Doux Plantation & Resort wins ‘America’s Most Eco-Friendly Hotel’ award November 9, 2019 1:45 PM
- VIDEO: Schoolgirls, two women fight at Castries fast food outlet November 9, 2019 1:17 PM
- Cow thief arrested by Anse La Raye police November 8, 2019 10:20 PM