Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Teacher’s Union has emerged the winner of the 2019 Inter-Commercial House Calypso Competition staged last evening at the National Cultural Center.
The first-place went to Lean Beausoleil with her stage name Lily, performing to “He’s Coming For You”.
Second-place was captured by Lady Proxy of the Royal St. Lucia Police Force, performing her song “De Truth”.
Mistick of the Teacher’s Union placed third with her tune “Pass de Lick”, and fourth place went to Snow of the Royal St. Lucia Police Force with “Smart People”.
The competition, which has established a reputation for introducing new talent and future monarchs in the Calypso arena, continues to be a staple event on the national calendar of Saint Lucia Carnival.
A total of nine participants competed in this year’s event.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM