Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — The Saint Lucia Teacher’s Union has emerged the winner of the 2019 Inter-Commercial House Calypso Competition staged last evening at the National Cultural Center.
The first-place went to Lean Beausoleil with her stage name Lily, performing to “He’s Coming For You”.
Second-place was captured by Lady Proxy of the Royal St. Lucia Police Force, performing her song “De Truth”.
Mistick of the Teacher’s Union placed third with her tune “Pass de Lick”, and fourth place went to Snow of the Royal St. Lucia Police Force with “Smart People”.
The competition, which has established a reputation for introducing new talent and future monarchs in the Calypso arena, continues to be a staple event on the national calendar of Saint Lucia Carnival.
A total of nine participants competed in this year’s event.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM