Share This On:
(SNO) – Scoring 839 points, TC Brown has captured the 2018 Calypso Monarch title at the Sab.
The announcement came minutes after 2:00 Sunday morning, July 15.
Brown, born Linus Terry Cadette, who first won the title in 2001, prevented defending champion The Mighty Pep from winning his ninth title.
The legendary Pep was first runner-up (second) with 795 points.
Nintus gave the Vieux Fort possie a lot to cheer for, taking the second runner-up position (third) with 793, with Walleigh taking the third runner-up spot (fourth) with 790.
The other finalists were Invader, Lady Leen, Oshun Ready, The Blacks, and Ti Caro.
Following his victory, Brown repeatedly saluted his Rastafarian roots and “Rasta in kaiso”.
“Somebody say Rasta!” he repeatedly shouted. “Yea man, give thanks, one love!”
Speaking to reporters, Brown said besides his confidence entering the final based on his leading performances in the rounds, his victory was inspired by the positive motivation he got from the public.
Describing it as “blessings” and the “energies”, Brown said the people he met on the street every day boosted his confidence.
“Brown, go for it, Brown go for it” was the energy he said he used to “bring myself out on stage”.
The Bagatelle-born and raised radio announcer also credited his “awesome team” for the victory.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM