Share This On:
(SNO) – Scoring 839 points, TC Brown has captured the 2018 Calypso Monarch title at the Sab.
The announcement came minutes after 2:00 Sunday morning, July 15.
Brown, born Linus Terry Cadette, who first won the title in 2001, prevented defending champion The Mighty Pep from winning his ninth title.
The legendary Pep was first runner-up (second) with 795 points.
Nintus gave the Vieux Fort possie a lot to cheer for, taking the second runner-up position (third) with 793, with Walleigh taking the third runner-up spot (fourth) with 790.
The other finalists were Invader, Lady Leen, Oshun Ready, The Blacks, and Ti Caro.
Following his victory, Brown repeatedly saluted his Rastafarian roots and “Rasta in kaiso”.
“Somebody say Rasta!” he repeatedly shouted. “Yea man, give thanks, one love!”
Speaking to reporters, Brown said besides his confidence entering the final based on his leading performances in the rounds, his victory was inspired by the positive motivation he got from the public.
Describing it as “blessings” and the “energies”, Brown said the people he met on the street every day boosted his confidence.
“Brown, go for it, Brown go for it” was the energy he said he used to “bring myself out on stage”.
The Bagatelle-born and raised radio announcer also credited his “awesome team” for the victory.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM