Share This On:
Attorney S. Lee Merritt has described as “dangerous, defamatory and uniquely evil”, words used by an American radio talk show host in attacking Botham Jean’s mother, Allison Jean.
Merrit, one of the attorneys representing the Saint Lucian Jean family, posted on Twitter, a clip of Chris Krok of WBAP radio in Texas trash-talking Botham’s mother.
Krok called Allison a liar.
“She is filled with bitterness and hatred and she is going to cause a riot in Dallas. Botham Jean’s mother is consumed with hate… She wants to make money off of this for some reason,” Krok said.
And he went even lower: “God took Botham away for some reason. God chose to use Amber Guyger to do that.”
“This was dangerous, defamatory and uniquely evil,” Merrit said in his Twitter post.
This was dangerous, defamatory and uniquely evil. pic.twitter.com/bzZi7g1IYx
— S. Lee Merritt, Esq. (@MeritLaw) May 6, 2019
Amber Guyger was employed with the Dallas police when she shot and killed Jean in his own apartment on Sept. 6, 2018. She claimed that she mistook Jean’s apartment for her own.
After protests and widespread news coverage, Guyger, by then axed from the police department, was finally indicted by a grand jury on Dec. 1 for murder. She was released on $200,000 bond after being booked.
The trial is set for Sept. 23.
BTW WHO IS CHRIS KROK? Below is some information from the radio station’s website.
“The Chris Krok Show is heard every weekday evening, 8:00 – 12:00 on WBAP NewsTalk 820. Passion is the one word that sums up the Chris Krok Show. That’s what sets him apart from others… his energy and his passion. Krok is all about his family and his strong middle class values.. and his faith.”
“He loves talking about how his dad was a cop and his mom was a nurse. The show’s about life… sometimes you’re angry at something that’s happened in the news… sometimes you’re sad.
“Other times you’re laughing out loud. No one is more passionate for local issues than Krok. And he proudly pulls back the curtain to talk about his wife, kids and pets. Krok has been a guest on cable TV news shows, like Bill O’Reilly and Lou Dobbs. He does regular editorials on WFAA-TV Channel 8 ABC and fills-in for Westwood One’s syndicated show “Red Eye Radio” as well.
“Western Illinois University’s Broadcast Department named Krok (a 1995 graduate) “Alumni of the Year” in 2016 for his contributions to broadcasting and the WIU Department of Broadcasting. In 2011, Krok was honored as one of the 100 most important Radio Talk Show Hosts in America, by being added to “Talkers” magazine’s “Heavy Hundred” list, ranking him among the biggest Talk Radio Stars in the U.S. “Radio and Records” named Krok as one of the “Ten Up and Coming Talents to Watch” in 2009. “Talkers” magazine named him as one of the 250 most important Talk Show Hosts in 2007.”
- BREAKING NEWS: Saint Lucia gov’t denies buying horses or funding racetrack October 21, 2019 2:38 PM
- Three injured in Bexon accident October 21, 2019 2:10 PM
- Senior citizen stabbed multiple times in Bocage October 21, 2019 1:14 PM
- UPDATE: Two dead following Castries accident October 21, 2019 12:32 PM
- UPDATE: Fatal accident in Castries October 21, 2019 12:02 PM
- Entrepot Secondary students sent home early due to “inadequate supervision” October 21, 2019 12:00 PM
- Soca artiste launches ‘Born Lucian’ clothing brand October 21, 2019 11:01 AM
- Gas, diesel prices increased; cylinder prices decreased October 21, 2019 10:36 AM
- RC Infant school to now remain closed until Tuesday, Oct 22 October 21, 2019 10:21 AM