Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – H.E. Ambassador Timothy Tien-Yie Hsiang, Secretary General of International Cooperation Development Fund (ICDF) of Republic of China (Taiwan) led a five-member delegation to visit Saint Lucia from March 18th to 21st, 2018.
The purposes of visit are to better understand the status of various bilateral cooperation projects in Saint Lucia and to explore new opportunities for cooperation between the two countries.
On March 19th, the delegation together with Taiwan Ambassador H.E. Douglas C.T. Shen called on Hon. Ezechiel Joseph, Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives. Minister Joseph welcomed the delegation and expressed gratitude to the government of Taiwan for its contribution in assisting island’s agriculture, especially in restoring banana production to the pre-Mathew level before 2016.
He emphasized that the Ministry look forward to continuing cooperate with the government of Taiwan to further increase the productivity and quality of the targeted crops, and to create more training programs for local farmers and youth. Secretary General Hsiang promised that ICDF will work closely with Embassy of Taiwan in the development of island’s agriculture and will introduce new projects in the years to come.
More Finance/Business Stories
- CCC and NWU mend wounds with help of Labour Department February 27, 2020
- Prime Minister’s Independence Ball to fund even more charities in 2020 February 27, 2020
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020
- CSA Executive Council elections – Deadline for nominations February 26, 2020
- Dream to Reality Course 2020 pilot February 25, 2020
- Squeeze Cash to offer Caribbean new multi-currency feature February 25, 2020