Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A business delegation from Taiwan arrived in Saint Lucia on 24 October 2018 to explore investment opportunities and engage potential business partners in Saint Lucia.
They had a chance encounter with the Honouralbe Allen Chastanet, Prime Minister of Saint Lucia upon arrival at the airport and were warmly welcomed by him.
During their visit, delegation members participated in business-matching events and seminars and conducted lively discussions with their Saint Lucian stakeholders. They were also briefed about Saint Lucia’s business environment. The Department of Commerce and Invest in Saint Lucia also arranged for them to visit the free trade zone, various processing centres and other existing investment projects in Vieux Fort and Soufrière as well as in the greater Castries area.
Ambassador Douglas C.T. Shen of Taiwan met with delegation members and expressed his best wishes a successful visit. He also encouraged more Taiwanese enterprises to tap into Saint Lucia’s investment potentials and partner with Saint Lucian counterparts to explore the Americas market.
The delegation will leave Saint Lucia on 29 October 2018.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM