Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A business delegation from Taiwan arrived in Saint Lucia on 24 October 2018 to explore investment opportunities and engage potential business partners in Saint Lucia.
They had a chance encounter with the Honouralbe Allen Chastanet, Prime Minister of Saint Lucia upon arrival at the airport and were warmly welcomed by him.
During their visit, delegation members participated in business-matching events and seminars and conducted lively discussions with their Saint Lucian stakeholders. They were also briefed about Saint Lucia’s business environment. The Department of Commerce and Invest in Saint Lucia also arranged for them to visit the free trade zone, various processing centres and other existing investment projects in Vieux Fort and Soufrière as well as in the greater Castries area.
Ambassador Douglas C.T. Shen of Taiwan met with delegation members and expressed his best wishes a successful visit. He also encouraged more Taiwanese enterprises to tap into Saint Lucia’s investment potentials and partner with Saint Lucian counterparts to explore the Americas market.
The delegation will leave Saint Lucia on 29 October 2018.
- BREAKING NEWS: Chopping in Gros Islet October 18, 2019 8:56 PM
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM