Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Taiwan Technical Mission, in cooperation with Saint Lucia’s Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives, held “Banana Plants Preparation and Follower Setting Workshops” in Deglos, La Caye, Grace, Roseau, Woodland and Micoud on April 11th, 18th and 25th, and May 2nd, 9th and 16th.
Agricultural specialists from Taiwan Technical Mission introduced Saint Lucian farmers to the cultivation and management of tissue culture plantlet; explained the pros and cons of tissue culture plantlets and suckers, and provided Saint Lucian farmers with a new cultivation model of banana.
This will help farmers make better production schedules and avoid harvesting in hurricane seasons. It will also reduce the risk of disaster damage, raise banana plantlets survival rate, and stabilize and increase banana production.
Also present at these workshops were Project Extension staff of the Banana Productivity Improvement Project.
Eight workshops and 320 farmers and Saint Lucian officers attended the events.
Taiwan is and will remain a partner in sustainable development for Saint Lucia’s banana.
- Three nabbed in connection with Dennery armed robbery October 19, 2019 10:13 PM
- Slain Jamaican guard was planning to bring ‘partner’, relatives to Saint Lucia: sources October 19, 2019 8:16 PM
- Gros Islet man chopped in the neck in stable condition: official October 19, 2019 12:02 PM
- Man shot in Jetrine, Saltibus October 19, 2019 11:45 AM
- Saint Lucians seek Cricket West Indies Level 1 Coaches certification October 19, 2019 9:34 AM
- UPDATE: Jamaican security guard gunned down in Balata October 19, 2019 9:16 AM
- UPDATE: Man found stabbed to death in Vieux Fort identified October 19, 2019 8:43 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Man found dead in Vieux Fort October 19, 2019 8:08 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Johnson Charles to play in United Arab Emirates T10 October 19, 2019 7:50 AM