Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – The Taiwan Technical Mission was able to to set up its first out of fourteen demonstration plots on the island.
This set up took place on Thrusday February sixth 2019 at Vanard Jacmel, which lies in region seven on the agricultural division plane. The farmer which was chosen for the set up was Mr. Christopher Cox, a seasoned and decorated farmer in the region, Mr. Cox is expected to work closely with the Taiwan Technical Mission and the Ministry Of Agriculture to properly introduce the technology.
More than twenty farmers neighboring the demonstration site and those interested in the technology were invited to view and go through the set up with the Taiwan Technical Mission and the local extension officers. This drive is to get farmers aware of the new technology on island called the “Hoop Greenhouse”. This greenhouse is expected to assist farmers, to protect from heavy lost under heavy rainfall so they can have a consistent production of the fruit throughout the year. The main crop which is recommended for propagation under this greenhouse is honeydew and cantaloupe, reason being for its economic value.
The next demonstration site is due for set up in region four which lies in Micoud, contact your local extension officer or the Taiwan Technical Mission for more information (450-2084)
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM