(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The dust has settled, in a sense – the Synergistic Solutions for Sustainable Development Contest 2018 Winners Announced, zeroing in on 70 proposals.
It was in the year 2015, when world leaders decided to adopt a set of goals which they envisioned would put an end to the world’s most troubling issues. These goals were then summarized into 17 goals which would address; poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all, and these goals were dubbed, “the Sustainable Development Goals -or SDG’s”.
Judges’ Choice and Popular Choice Winner(s) will:
– Be invited to attend the official launch event for GEO-6 during the Fourth UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4) in March 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya
– Showcase their proposals to policy-makers, business leaders, Intergovernmental Organizations and other influential stakeholders at UNEA
– Be recognized by the UN Environment’s Office of the Chief Scientist
– Be given the unique opportunity to meet with the United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Environment
– Be awarded one economy-class roundtrip airfare ticket, and a daily subsistence allowance to support their travel to Nairobi.
– Receive wide recognition and visibility by MIT Climate CoLab.
Contest Winners’ Prize
Contest winners would be invited to showcase their work at UN Environment’s conference in Kenya (expenses-paid), meet with the UN Under-Secretary-General and Executive Director of UN Environment, and have their proposal included in the Global Environment Outlook, which is UN Environment’s flagship report on the state of the environment and is distributed to decision-makers around the globe.