Share This On:
Law enforcement sources have confirmed that a male suspect connected to last Saturday’s fatal shooting in Soufriere is in hospital in police custody.
A second male injured in the shooting is also hospitalised, sources said, but his current condition is not known.
Dead is Shalomn Cyril, 19, who was fatally shot during an alleged altercation.
Shalomn’s father, Sheldon Leon, a ‘patrol officer’ with the Royal Saint Lucia Police Force — according to his Facebook page — has expressed his grief on social media, saying he is determined to get justice for his son.
“Rest in peace Shalomn but I will not rest even if it has to cost me my life. Justice for Shalomn Justice I will not rest,” he wrote on his Facebook profile on Saturday afternoon.
According to reports, the shooting occurred around 1 a.m. at an event in Soufriere after a fracas broke out between several persons. The cause of the fight is not known.
“It was a fight then during the fight some shots were fired,” a source told St. Lucia News Online on Saturday.
An “anonymous” blogger wrote on St. Lucia News Online that the deceased was innocent and there were multiple witnesses to the shooting.
“There were witnesses. Almost everyone who was there saw what happened and who did it. So sad because he was not involved at all in the altercation that occurred,” the blogger said.
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM
- 16-year-old among victims of Dominica plane crash February 17, 2020 6:31 PM
- Three Saint Lucians attend World Summit 2020 in Korea February 17, 2020 2:08 PM
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM