Share This On:
(SNO) – A male suspect in the fatal stabbing of his “friend”, Monchy (Gros Islet) resident Delan Evans, on Saturday evening (Nov. 3), is now in police custody, according to law enforcement sources
The stabbing occurred during a fight between both men, one of whom was allegedly intoxicated, sources have told St. Lucia News Online.
Evans, who was originally from Choiseul, reportedly sustained two stab wounds to the left side of his chest.
“It is believed that he (Evans) was in a fight with a male friend of his. Apparently he (Evans) was intoxicated through alcohol and during the fight the friend grabbed something and struck him with it,” one of the sources told St. Lucia News Online.
The friend (suspect) reported himself to the police station this morning (Sunday, Nov. 4).
Another source said: “There was indeed a fight. The friend (suspect) has injuries to his body.”
It is alleged that the suspect was also bitten by the deceased.
Emergency authorities were alerted at 8:50 p.m. and Evans, aged 27, was transported by Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he passed away.
This is the second fatal stabbing for the weekend and the fourth homicide in several days.
On Friday (Nov. 2), Curtis Charlemagne, originally of Anse La Raye, was stabbed in the throat/neck in Canaries by a male suspect who is currently in police custody. The suspect was allegedly intoxicated at the time of the stabbing.
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019 7:34 AM
- CSA happy over collective agreement with LUCELEC but … November 19, 2019 7:19 AM
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 6:25 AM
- Turmoil in Dominica as protesters and police clash (see video) November 19, 2019 6:06 AM
- Saint Lucia Forensic Lab working to build public confidence, says director November 19, 2019 4:31 AM
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM