Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A suspect is in custody after a high school shooting in Texas early Monday about 40 miles south of Dallas, according to reports.
The shooting took place at Italy High School, according to the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office.
It was not immediately known if the shooting, which occurred about 8 a.m. local time, caused any injuries.
Police didn’t release any other information about the incident.
Officials at Stafford Elementary School confirmed to WFAA that it and Italy High School are both under lockdown.
The sheriff’s office tweeted that students were “being moved, under guard to the dome as the investigation continues.”
Italy, which bills itself as “the biggest little town in Texas,” has a population of about 2,000, according to the Dallas Morning News.
According to the Texas Tribune, Italy High School also comprises students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades. It had 281 students enrolled last year.
More International News Stories
- Thai woman bitten by snake while sitting on toilet January 17, 2020
- Deaf man from Brooklyn sues Pornhub over lack of closed captioning January 17, 2020
- Missing Polish farmer believed to have been eaten by his own pigs January 17, 2020
- US woman charged with leaving 6 kids with dead man January 17, 2020
- Ukrainian prime minister submits resignation after tapes January 17, 2020
- JetBlue Airways is raising checked-bag fees again January 16, 2020