Share This On:
(NEW YORK POST) – A suspect is in custody after a high school shooting in Texas early Monday about 40 miles south of Dallas, according to reports.
The shooting took place at Italy High School, according to the Ellis County Sheriff’s Office.
It was not immediately known if the shooting, which occurred about 8 a.m. local time, caused any injuries.
Police didn’t release any other information about the incident.
Officials at Stafford Elementary School confirmed to WFAA that it and Italy High School are both under lockdown.
The sheriff’s office tweeted that students were “being moved, under guard to the dome as the investigation continues.”
Italy, which bills itself as “the biggest little town in Texas,” has a population of about 2,000, according to the Dallas Morning News.
According to the Texas Tribune, Italy High School also comprises students in sixth, seventh and eighth grades. It had 281 students enrolled last year.
More International News Stories
- R Kelly charged with paying bribe before marrying Aaliyah December 6, 2019
- Our cell phones are causing more head and neck injuries, study shows December 6, 2019
- Flesh-eating bacteria linked to heroin use kills 7 in California December 6, 2019
- Doctors revive woman whose heart stopped for six hours December 6, 2019
- Banana duct-taped to wall art installation sells for $120k in Miami December 6, 2019
- Suit filed challenging social media disclosure rule for US visas December 6, 2019
- Uber reports more than 3,000 sexual assaults on rides in 2018 December 6, 2019