Share This On:
(SNO) – The 79-year-old suspect in the killing of Anna Mitchell will be charged, according to reliable sources.
Mitchell’s lifeless body was discovered by police in the driveway of her residence on Flamboouyant Crescent, Cap Estate, Gros Islet after 4 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12, 2018.
The British national’s head was bashed in and she appeared to have sustained at least one stab wound, according to reports.
It is alleged that she was killed during a domestic dispute.
Her Dominica-born husband, who is also a British citizen, has been in police custody since the gruesome discovery but is yet to be charged.
However, a law enforcement source told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that he will be charged after a post mortem examination is conducted on Mitchell’s body – as per normal legal procedure.
SNO understands that the police is awaiting on the arrival of the victim’s next of kin to legally identify the body so that the post mortem can get underway. Mitchell’s closest relatives, including her two children, are reportedly living in the United Kingdom.
It was not immediately known if family members have arrived in St. Lucia.
Mitchell, who is believed to be 60+, moved to St. Lucia with her husband many years ago after working in real estate and her family business in the United Kingdom.
Her death is the island’s 16th homicide for the year.
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM