Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) — Ambassador (Designate) of the Republic of Suriname, His Excellency Ebu R. Jones today called on Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Honourable Dr. Karen Cummings.
Ambassador (Designate) Jones previously served as Charge d’Affaires at the Embassy of the Republic of Suriname in The Hague, the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
His Excellency will present his letters of credence later this morning.
Formal diplomatic relations between the Cooperative Republic of Guyana and the Republic of Suriname were established on November 25, 1975.
More Guyana News Stories
- Guyana: Former soldier gets life imprisonment for beheading uncle November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Man gets 17 years in prison for killing brother November 19, 2019
- Guyana: Six-year-old girl killed trying to cross road to buy chewing gum November 19, 2019
- Guyana Bar Association mourns death of former Chief Justice Ian Chang November 18, 2019
- Guyana: Headless body of Brazilian man found on Lethem road November 17, 2019
- Guyanese newlywed killed by husband in murder/suicide in Queens November 9, 2019
- Guyana: 8-year-old student hospitalized after beating by classmates November 7, 2019