Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The Department of Fisheries, through the Climate Change Adaptation in the Eastern Caribbean Fisheries Sector (CC4FISH) project, will be embarking on a series of initiatives to assist coastal communities that are most severely impacted by the influx of Sargassum along the coastline.
Therefore, the Department of Fisheries invites residents in the communities of Praslin, Dennery, Micoud and Savannes to community meetings to discuss proposed beach clean-ups and management plan for the Sargassum seaweed.
The schedule for the community meetings are as follows:
Dennery – March 6th (at the Dennery Primary School) at 5:30 pm
Micoud – March 7th (at the Micoud Secondary School) at 5:30 pm, and
Savannes – March 8th (at the Savannes Bay Fish Landing Site) at 3:00 pm
Praslin – March 12th (at the Praslin Community Centre) at 5:30 pm
Persons who own tractors, dump trucks, farmers, fishers, community groups, church and youth groups, environmental clubs, school clubs, business owners are asked to attend the meetings. All community residents are also invited.
The Department of Fisheries looks forward to the participation of everyone at these important community meetings.
- BREAKING NEWS: Entrepot Secondary to remain closed until next week Tuesday October 23, 2019 7:13 PM
- Suspects in Dennery robbery were on bail for firearm charges: sources October 23, 2019 7:09 PM
- Soufriere men charged for killing policeman’s son, attempted murder of another male October 23, 2019 6:12 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Julian Bissette leads Romanian volleyball club to victory October 23, 2019 5:09 PM
- Teenagers arrested for Dennery man’s murder October 23, 2019 12:10 PM
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM