Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE-The Ministry of Tourism, Heritage and Creative Industries has concluded a series of consultations as part of a structured approach to encourage dialogue and consensus among stakeholders in the identification and definition of a responsive incentives regime to develop the industry.
Against this background, representatives from various public and private sector agencies have been invited to deliberate on the incentives recommended by sector operators to advance the industry. The validation workshop will be held on July 15, 2014 from 9 a.m. at the Royal Saint Lucian Hotel, Reduit.
The tourism industry continues to be one of the primary sectors to generate economic growth in the local economy. According to the 2012 Economic and Social Review the sector’s contribution to GDP increased to 10%. Additionally, the 2013 IFC Benchmarking Report states that the tourism industry created 13,500 direct jobs in the year 2012.
The award of incentives is part of the overall strategy used to advance the growth of the industry. This validation workshop is therefore critical in assisting the ministry in formulating suitable responses to the needs of the various operators within the industry.
More Tourism Stories
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019
- Saint Lucia tourism records best August ever October 14, 2019
- Seven Saint Lucian resorts make coveted international list October 11, 2019
- Saint Lucia voted #8 in Caribbean and Atlantic October 8, 2019
- Sandals promotes Saint Lucia as a key golfing destination September 27, 2019