Share This On:
(IWNSVG.COM) — A Cane Garden woman is in hospital nursing injuries to her mouth, reportedly inflicted with a hammer, and chop wounds sustained during an attack allegedly by a former lover on Thursday.
The woman, Monique Hutchins, 45, was attacked in the East Kingstown community even as she is recovering from two broken arms, sustained during an attack allegedly by the same man a month earlier, her daughter told iWitness News.
Anika Hutchins, who lives in Canada, told iWitness News, on Thursday, that her mother cannot speak as a result of the attack in which she lost several teeth, and which has left her with a swollen face.
She said that her mother was attacked a second time even as an arrest is yet to be made in connection with the first assault, which left her with a chop to the head, in addition to broken arms.
- Items found in sea as Dominica plane crash rescue mission continues February 17, 2020 10:37 AM
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM