Share This On:
(CMC) – A 39-year-old pastor has been committed to stand trial on a charge of having sex with a member of his congregation when she was between the ages of five and eight years old.
Police said the pastor, Delroy Fraser, is alleged to have committed the acts between 2014 and 2017.
When the preliminary inquiry ended at the Family Court, Fraser was committed to stand trial at the next practicable sitting of the High Court on four counts of unlawful sexual intercourse with a girl under the age of 13.
The pastor was charged after the child made a report to a member of the church, who told her mother. The matter was later discussed by the church committee, which summoned the police.
Fraser was granted EC$8,000 (One EC dollar=US$0.37 cents) bail and has been ordered to have no contact with the child. He is also to report to a police station every Friday.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM