Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE VIA SNO) – The New Democratic Party (NDP) extends wholehearted congratulations to Prime Minister Gaston Browne and the Antigua and Barbuda Labour Party (ABLP) on their electoral victory on 21 March 2018.
The Hon. Gaston Browne led ABLP was reelected after winning fifteen (15) of the seventeen (17) seats, picking up one seat more than it held before.
President of the NDP, Dr. the Hon. Godwin Friday called Prime Minister Browne on the 22 March and congratulated him on the ABLP’s decisive victory and wished him and his government well on their renewed mandate to govern Antigua and Barbuda.
According to Dr. Friday, the decision by Prime Minister Browne to call early elections took a lot of courage and demonstrated confidence in the performance of his government in meeting their promises to the people of Antigua and Barbuda. This he said is another victory for democracy in the Caribbean.
We wish Prime Minister Browne and his Government continued success in delivering for the people of Antigua and Barbuda.
More Caribbean Stories
- Earthquake felt in Manchester, Jamaica January 24, 2020
- Barbados takes dip in corruption ranking January 24, 2020
- Guyana: Sisters arrested for stabbing Linden schoolgirl January 24, 2020
- Trinidad: Man, 69, on three child rape charges January 24, 2020
- Jamaica: Young man given one month to live is now cancer free January 24, 2020